Communities in Schools of the Permian Basin (CISPB) helps students stay in school and make the right choices by connecting schools with needed community resources.
From individualized case management services to facilitated services or programs for a targeted group of students, CISPB helps ease the burden on schools, strengthen relationships between home and school, and increase opportunities for positive life choices and academic achievement. By implementing this approach, CISPB creates a community of caring adults who work directly with educators and are able to reach students most at risk for dropping out of schools.
CISPB believes every child needs and deserves “Five Basic Life Tools” in order to be successful:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A chance to give back to peers and community
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A personal one-on-one relationship with a caring adult