The mission of Communities in Schools of the Permian Basin (CISPB) is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
CISPB was established in 1999 by a group of concerned citizens to address our area’s dropout rate. The vision of the organization was to provide a positive environment for at-risk students, insuring their access to educational opportunities, social services and support services. CISPB helps young people reach their goal of graduating from high school and going on to become positive contributors to the community.
CISPB believes every child needs and deserves the “Five Basic Life Tools” to be successful:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A chance to give back to peers and community
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A personal one-on-one relationship with a caring adult